Director of Communications at William McDonough + Partners, Kira Gould, was selected as one of the winners of the Green Building & Design‘s (gb&d) “Women in Sustainability Leadership Awards” (WSLA). Nominated by peers, Gould was recognized for her accomplishments and dedication to sustainability. She is especially pleased to be honored this year in the group of esteemed professionals that includes Stacy Glass of the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
The WSLA illustrate the importance of diversity in the sustainability field, and inspires others to infuse more positions with sustainability-related responsibilities.
Winners were chosen by a prestigious jury of industry professionals including:
- Chris Howe, Publisher & CEO, Green Building & Design
- Laura Heidenreich, Associate Publisher & President, Green Building & Design
- Kimberly Lewis, Senior VP, Community Advancement, Conference & Events, USGBC
- Rochelle Routman, VP of Sustainability, Mohawk
- Charmaine Atherton, Senior VP, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
The winners will be celebrated at a dinner and awards program during the Greenbuild Conference & Expo on November 19 in Washington D.C..
Below is the complete list of winners:
- Michelle Moore, CEO, Groundswell
- Robin Chase, Founder / Board Member & Executive Chairman Buzzcar / Veniam
- Heather White, Executive Director, EWG
- Stacy Glass, VP, Built Environment Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
- Angela Foster-Rice, Managing Director – Environmental Affairs & Sustainability, United Airlines
- Hilary Beber, Firestone Senior Project Manager, Energy Efficiency Los Angeles Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Lori Duvall, Director of Global Impact, eBay
- Amy Francetic, CEO, Clean Energy Trust
- Deborah Marton, Executive Director, New York Restoration Project
- Lisa Colicchio, Director of Corporate Responsibility, CBRE
- Katrin Klingenberg Co-Founder, Executive Director, Passive House Institute US (PHIUS)
- Jane Palmieri, Business President, Dow Building & Construction, The Dow Chemical Company
- Erla Dögg Ingjaldsdóttir, CEO/Inventor, mnmMOD
- Alicia Silva, Architect LEED AP BC+C, Revitaliza Consultores
- Dagmar B. Epsten, President & CEO, The Epsten Group, Inc.
- Fulya Kocak, Director of Sustainability, Clark Construction Group
- Arlene D. Blum, Executive Director, Green Science Policy Institute
- Dawn Rittenhouse, Director of Sustainable Development, DuPont
- Mary Wenzel, Head of Environmental Affairs, Wells Fargo