Join our team!
William McDonough is seeking a Chief of Staff to join his fast-paced and dynamic design and innovation office in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Responsibilities include prioritizing and organizing activities across the McDonough companies (William McDonough + Partners, MBDC and McDonough Innovation); coordinating relationships with for-profit and not-for-profit enterprises and activities, managing office support staff and making sure things happen when they need to happen. Mr. McDonough is engaged by global leaders, innovative start-ups and Fortune 500 companies on projects across the globe—working with people that want to change the world. Extreme professionalism, attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task are required
Ideal applicants have significant management experience and a demonstrated track record of proactive problem solving. Nimbleness, friendliness, grace under pressure and a sense of humour are essential qualities. Please send a cover letter and resume to Michelle Amt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
William McDonough + Partners is also seeking a part-time (20-30 hours per week) Marketing and Communications Assistant to join our fast-paced and dynamic design and innovation office in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Director, you will:
- Co-develop and maintain content on our websites
- Co-develop and implement social media plans
- Coordinate with the communications team in the development and execution of a weekly social media content strategy
- Conduct social media analysis
- Assist in the preparation of marketing presentations and proposals
- Organize marketing and communications digital libraries
- Coordinate with print shops on bound booklets and marketing collateral
- Field incoming media and website email requests to the appropriate internal team
- Co-develop and assist with newsletter campaigns
- Support the development and implementation of our overall communications strategy
We expect you to have:
- Microsoft Office and Google docs experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expertise and experience in common social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Experience in web measurement tools such as: Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and Google Analytics to provide reports on metrics
- Knowledge of graphic design, photo and video editing software – familiarity with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop and PowerPoint at a minimum
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or MailChimp is preferred but not required
- Creative thinking
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Curiosity and proactive attitude
- Strong hands-on mentality
- Excellent eye for details
- A bachelor degree in marketing, advertising, business administration or a related field is preferred but not required
Ideal applicants have 3-5 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of proactive problem solving. Nimbleness, friendliness, grace under pressure and a sense of humour are essential qualities. Please send a resume and cover letter to Katie Breckinridge at email@example.com.